By Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe, Johann Peter Eckermann, J. K. Moorhead, John Oxenford, Havelock Ellis
Read Online or Download Conversations of Goethe with Johann Peter Eckermann PDF
Similar authors books
Released to mark the a hundredth anniversary of Rhys Davies's start, this assortment comprises essays at the significant points of Davies's lifestyles and paintings, from the literary, social, and nationwide contexts in which he wrote, to problems with gender, sexuality, and race. Assessed is his significance not only as a author of brief tales, as he has lengthy been pointed out, but additionally as one of many most interesting Welsh novelists writing in English.
Yasmina Reza is healthier often called the writer of the immensely profitable Tony award-winning play paintings. Her newest paintings, Hammerklavier, is a bittersweet number of autobiographical sketches that experience love, loss, and the relentless passage of time as their topics. confident that one's inner most innovations could be acknowledged easily, Reza does so with unequaled humor and perceptiveness.
This booklet was once offered mother or father Books of the 12 months 2014. No marriage of a massive twentieth-century author lasted longer than Vladimir Nabokov's. Vera Slonim shared his pride on the attraction of life's trifles and literature's treasures, and he rated her as having the easiest and fastest experience of humour of any girl he had met.
- Edna St. Vincent Millay (Pamphlets on American Writers)
- E.E. Cummings (Pamphlets on American Writers)
- Bridging Two Eras: The Autobiography of Emily Newell Blair, 1877-1951
- Kafka: The Torment of Man
- Questa vita tuttavia mi pesa molto
Additional info for Conversations of Goethe with Johann Peter Eckermann
5. An evening party at Goethe's. Amongst the assembled guests was the artist Kolbe. a copy of Titian's Venus, from the Dresden Gallery. This evening, I also found with Goethe, Herr von Eschwege, and the celebrated Hummel. Hummel improvised for nearly an hour upon the piano, with a force and a talent of which it is impossible to form a conception unless one has heard him. I found his conversation simple and natural, and himself, for a virtuoso of such celebrity, surprisingly modest. , Dec. 3. At an evening party at Goethe's.
Trans.  Contributions to Poetry.  Art and Antiquity. , Sept. 21. This evening at Goethe's, with Counsellor (Hofrath) Meyer. The conversation turned principally upon mineralogy, chemistry, and natural science (physik). The phenomena of the polarization of light appeared to interest him particularly. He showed me various preparations, chiefly after his own designs, and expressed a wish to make some experiments with me. In the course of our conversation, Goethe became more and more free and communicative.
Ttingen and the Werrathal, to Weimar. During this journey, which the heat of the weather often made fatiguing, I frequently felt within me the consolatory belief that I was under the especial guidance of kindly powers, and that this journey would be of great importance to my success in life. Trans. Trans. Trans.  Contributions to Poetry.  Art and Antiquity. , Sept. 21. This evening at Goethe's, with Counsellor (Hofrath) Meyer. The conversation turned principally upon mineralogy, chemistry, and natural science (physik).