By Matthew Knott
Beginning Xcode, rapid Edition won't simply get you up and operating with Apple's most up-to-date model of Xcode, however it additionally indicates you ways to exploit speedy in Xcode and incorporates a number of initiatives to build.
If you have already got a few programming adventure with iOS SDK and Objective-C, yet desire a extra in-depth educational on Xcode, particularly Xcode with Apple’s new programming language, quick, then Beginning Xcode, speedy Edition is for you. The ebook specializes in the hot applied sciences, instruments and contours that Apple has bundled into the hot Xcode 6, to enrich the most recent iOS eight SDK.
By the tip of this booklet, you should have all the abilities and numerous examples to draft from to get your rapid app from proposal to App shop with the entire strength of Xcode.
Read or Download Beginning Xcode: Swift Edition PDF
Best object-oriented software design books
I will hold this brief, considering i do not believe i will be able to say something now not already stated. yet I simply felt like sharing that I enjoyed this e-book.
Myths approximately object-oriented databases are rampant. This publication debunks them, so database directors and executives could make educated judgements concerning the know-how. This ebook offers finished assurance of the "pros and cons" of object-oriented databases, aiding managers and directors come to a decision no matter if to enforce this robust know-how.
The recent 3rd version of this very hot creation to Java networking programming has been completely revised to hide all the a hundred+ major updates to Java builders equipment (JDK) 1. five. it's a transparent, entire creation to constructing community courses (both applets and purposes) utilizing Java, protecting every little thing from networking basics to distant strategy invocation (RMI).
This fast reference is a condensed reference consultant to the fundamental info constructions, algorithms, and capabilities supplied through the C++ ordinary Library. extra in particular, this can be a compact number of crucial sessions and services, utilized by C++ programmers every day. The C++ typical Library speedy Reference positive factors center sessions for strings, I/O streams, and diverse common bins, in addition to a finished set of algorithms to control them.
- Object-Oriented Analysis
- Server Component Patterns : Component Infrastructures Illustrated with EJB (Wiley Software Patterns Series)
- Fluid Dynamics: Theory, Computation, and Numerical Simulation
- Designing Microsoft ASP.NET applications
Additional info for Beginning Xcode: Swift Edition
3. Bring the Finder window with the icon file in it over the top of Xcode, and then drag the icon file to the box labeled iPhone App Icon iOS 7 60pt, as shown in Figure 2-18. Figure 2-18. The Images Asset Catalog where you set the application icon CHAPTER 2: Diving Right In 35 Run the application to see the icon in action. Once the app is running, choose Hardware ➤ Home (⌘+ Shift+H). If you’ve done everything right, you should see something like the image in Figure 2-19. Figure 2-19. The application’s new icon in the iOS Simulator Note As you’ll learn as you progress through the book, Apple requires you to create icons in numerous sizes for the App Store, currently including up to 1,024 pixels square.
6. Ensure that Also Create XIB File is not checked, that the device shown is iPhone, and, of course, that Language is Swift. Check that your values match Figure 3-17, and click Next. Figure 3-17. Subclassing UIViewController 7. On the next screen, you’re prompted for a save location for your new file. Stick with the default settings. Ensure that in the Targets box, ShowMe is selected; then click Create. swift, which means you have all the files needed for the project and you’re ready to put together the interface for the first view controller.
Swift: you can verify this by looking at the jump bar just above the code, as shown in Figure 2-13. Continue as follows: 1. With both Interface Builder and the code displayed using the Assistant Editor, click the label you added to your view in Interface Builder to highlight it. Figure 2-13. The jump bar in the Assistant Editor shows which file is open 30 CHAPTER 2: Diving Right In Now you’re going to create a variable called an outlet (IBOutlet) to make the label accessible through your code. In older versions of Xcode, the process of creating an outlet and then wiring it into Interface Builder was quite long-winded, but Apple has simplified this greatly over the past few versions of Xcode by allowing you to drag connections directly from Interface Builder into the code.